Jun 02

New “Media” for the Research Goddess: I’m Joining ERE!

Published by Amybeth (@researchgoddess) at 6:45 am under Research,Social,Talent

Over the past eight years, I’ve gone from working with search and placement firms to working with corporate recruitment organizations, conducting research for high tech industries, financial services, construction, PR & marketing, and telecommunications among others. I’ve blogged, tweeted, Facebooked, LinkedIn, and shot video in hopes of sharing knowledge with all of the wonderfully interesting people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting throughout my career. My Research Goddess blog grew wings and took off, and helped me establish a well-known and well-respected online presence. Each chapter of my professional career has ended with a paragraph leading seamlessly into the next chapter. And the end of this chapter is certainly no exception…

Next week, I will be joining ERE Media, Inc. as the Editor for The Fordyce Letter as well as The Source Newsletter. I will also be helping out with organizing the Fordyce Forum and SourceCon conferences. I’ve had a long-standing relationship with the founders of SourceCon, serving as the editor for the newsletter since 2007 after the first conference was put on. When ERE Media purchased SourceCon last year, I continued in this role on a voluntary basis, and when the opportunity came recently to join ERE as an employee and also take on The Fordyce Letter, I couldn’t say no! I’m super excited about this opportunity – not only will I get to continue working with SourceCon, but I will also get to return to my roots by working closely once again with recruitment search firms and helping bring relevant news and information to both worlds.

As the daughter of an English teacher and a card-carrying member of the Grammar Police, being an editor is a natural fit for me. This new chapter is an ideal next step for my career – I have the opportunity to be a change agent in sourcing and a part of the grand tradition of The Fordyce Letter. For those of you who aren’t familiar with it, The Fordyce Letter has been the gold standard for search and placement firms for the last four decades. It was purchased by Paul Hawkinson in 1980, and a few years ago ERE acquired it from Hawkinson. The newsletter has always delivered high quality articles from some of the most successful search professionals in the industry, and I intend to see this continue.

I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed my time with AT&T – I have learned and grown so much professionally over the last year and I am grateful for all of the wonderful relationships I have been privileged to build while there. My experience with AT&T I really believe will help me be successful in my new role. I will miss my AT&T colleagues, but as I’ve said before, changing companies doesn’t mean friendships end! I plan to keep in touch with everyone there and hope to see many of you around the conference circuit.

My first duty with ERE will be attending the Fordyce Forum next week in Las Vegas. I am looking forward to reconnecting with those of you who will be there.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Slashdot
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Tumblr
  • Twitter

View Comments

View Comments to “New “Media” for the Research Goddess: I’m Joining ERE!”

1. Lauraon 02 Jun 2010 at 7:08 am

Congratulations Amybeth! I’m so happy for you! It’s always exciting to see a friend have the opportunity to pursue something they’re passionate about.

2. Leslie O'Connoron 02 Jun 2010 at 7:21 am

Congratulations Amybeth – that is terrific news! Dave could not have picked a better role for you or a better person for the role. All the best …………..

3. Suzy Toninion 02 Jun 2010 at 7:29 am

You go Amybeth!!!! Great news! Can’t wait to see all the cool new things you will bring to the table!

4. David Manasteron 02 Jun 2010 at 7:33 am

Welcome to the team, Amybeth!

5. Jon Bartoson 02 Jun 2010 at 7:39 am

Hi Amybeth,

Congratulations!!!!!!!! This is great for you. The ERE folks are wonderful to work with and the Fordyce Letter – is THE publication in the recruiting and staffing and recruiting industry.

A huge hug and congrats from your family here at JSI.

See you next week!!

Jon Bartos

6. Chuckon 02 Jun 2010 at 7:43 am

Congratulations! ERE has signed an all start.

7. reginaon 02 Jun 2010 at 7:56 am

Congrats on new oppty

8. Charles Bretzon 02 Jun 2010 at 8:28 am

Congratulations Amybeth! All the best to you in your new role!

9. Joe Budde Jr.on 02 Jun 2010 at 8:43 am

Wow! Congrats! My English teacher of a wife would be proud to see fellow grammar policeman on the move!

Plus a big congrats to ERE!

10. Martin Snyderon 02 Jun 2010 at 8:54 am

This post itself tells a meta-story; it’s upbeat, full of good news and optimism, accomplished, and friendly….all qualities I associate with its author.

There are big shoes to fill with the Fordyce Letter- especially increased because its reputation was made in a different era, when access to top minds in the biz was not instant and pervasive.

Yet today that access is full of spin, agenda, and counterparty- always with us is a need for old school (hard) forms of journalism- independent, aggressive, fearless, willing to lose revenue in the short/medium term when truth or a scoop pop-up.

Looking forward Amybeth- you have a real challenge and opportunity ahead !

11. Sarah Whiteon 02 Jun 2010 at 8:54 am

I’m SOOO excited for you!!!! Congrats!!!

12. Danielle Moseleyon 02 Jun 2010 at 9:01 am

Welcome to ERE! We are excited to be working with you. See you next week in Las Vegas! :)

13. Ara Vallasteron 02 Jun 2010 at 9:13 am

This is so cool! Congratulations! Hopeing this means we will get to see more of you:)

14. Jennifer McClureon 02 Jun 2010 at 9:32 am

Woo hoo! Congratulations Amybeth and kudos to Dave Manaster for identifying and recruiting top talent to add to the ERE team! This is a great opportunity for you and an exciting opportunity for The Fordyce Forum & SourceCon. You’ll do a great job of bringing current and fresh ideas to the recruiters and sourcers who use those events and publications as resources to learn and grow.

I’m so excited for you and look forward to seeing what you’ll do next!

15. Coryon 02 Jun 2010 at 9:45 am

Congratulations on the new gig. AT&T will sorely miss you as the latest in a growing list of great employees and influencers taking the next step in their careers.

16. Mark Sullivanon 02 Jun 2010 at 9:50 am

Congrats Amybeth!! I am very happy for you and ERE for adding such strong talent to their team!

17. Jodi Mooreon 02 Jun 2010 at 10:52 am

Congratulations AB! That is so cool! ERE is very lucky to the have the Research Godess :-)

18. Doug Mazanecon 02 Jun 2010 at 10:59 am

Congrats .. the adventure continues ..

19. Julia Stoneon 02 Jun 2010 at 12:56 pm

Awesome. I can’t think of a better arrangement. This job will be great for you, and I know you are a fantastic employee! All the best.

20. Jason Berkowitzon 02 Jun 2010 at 1:00 pm

Welcome to the Dark Side…

…we’re glad to have you…

:-)

21. jeron 02 Jun 2010 at 3:35 pm

WAY TO GO
    :D

22. Daniel Johnson, Jr.on 02 Jun 2010 at 6:08 pm

Congratulations, Amybeth! I’m totally not surprised that you’ve landed in this role.

You’ve come a long way since those early days of being on Twitter…

Best wishes to you in this next step in your career!

23. Amybeth (@researchgoddess)on 03 Jun 2010 at 12:51 pm

Thank you so much, everyone. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for me – I have always enjoyed writing. In fact, I even wrote a book in 1st grade that, if I can ever find it in my mother’s attic, could probably be published with a children’s book publisher :) I used to write up newsletters when I was a kid for no particular reason; just because I wanted to :) This marries my love of the recruiting and sourcing world and my love of writing and learning perfectly. We are soulmates hehe. I look forward to sharing more of this experience with you all and hope that you’ll keep an eye on both publications!

24. Veronicaon 18 Jun 2010 at 5:34 am